The value of supervision
All practising counsellors are required to engage in regular supervision.
We recognise the importance and value of supervision in providing an opportunity for you to talk through the various issues that can arise from your practice. This is a supportive environment that seeks to offer a whollistic approach to both you and your client work. We will create a space in which you can explore your clinical, managerial, developmental and personal needs within a professional framework and agreement.
Our supervisors are all qualified to at least diploma level, or equivalent, in counselling supervision and each supervisor receives supervision for their own supervision work. We are able to work with supervisees of different therapeutic modalities; each supervisor hopes to offer their many years of experience to provide you with skills and insights to inform and enhance your work.
What we can offer
- One-to-one or group supervision
- Clinical and managerial supervision
- 'Supervision for supervision'
- A frequency of supervision that meets your individual needs
- An initial appointment where you can talk through your requirements
We aim to offer a cost effective service depending on the length of sessions and your qualification and employment status:
- Qualified / Private Practice counsellor £40 per hour or £55 per 1.5 hours
- Charity / volunteer counsellor £30 per hour or £45 per 1.5 hours
- Student counsellor £25 per hour or £37.50 per 1.5 hours
We are also able to negotiate reduced fees for agencies that require supervision for a number of counsellors. Please contact us to discuss this further.